02:13, Tuesday, 18.06.2019
YouTube
Twitter
Facebook
RSS
ქართული English

Web Portal on Human Rights in Georgia

Go
Advanced Search

Echo of Explosion-Only Officials of “Sakpetkmretsvi” Are Detained So Far

23.12.2009
Prosecutor’s office arrested another two officials of “Sakpetkmretsvi” in connection with explosion of the memorial to victory in Kutaisi.

According to the chief prosecutor’s office, above mentioned people are the leaders of Tbilisi and Kutaisi office of this company and they were responsible for the security. It is ascertained that security norms were breached. Company should have bordered 8-9 meters of territory and not 3-4 meters as it was done.

Investigation of the accident still continues. Technical expertise is made and some people may be arrested before the end of the investigation. Besides, technical director of “Sakpetkmretsvi” is in two months pre-trial detention.

Company “Sakpetkmretsvi” exploded the Memorial to Victory in Kutaisi on December 19 and it ended into the death of two people, mother and her daughter.

Vice-speaker of the Parliament Paata Davitaia requests to discuss the details of explosion. According to him, all details about dismantling of the memorial were kept in secret before the explosion. MP requests explanations on this fact from the authority.

According to Davitaia, he was unsuccessfully trying to find out who ordered explosion of the memorial, who was responsible for it and why they dismantled the memorial so rapidly.
 
“Only after the incident, it turned out that the regional governor Mikheil Chigovadze ordered to blow up the Memorial to Victory, I did not receive reply on my questions yet,” said Davitaia.

Davitaia raised this question at the Parliament session last week, when Public Defender was presenting his report to the parliament. He asked Giorgi Tughushi if he was interested in the deconstruction of the memorial and in breaching the copyright of the artist. Tughushi explained that he could not involve in it, because the case was about private argument.

“This explanation of Tughushi was absurd, because the memorial is not private property. The state ordered the artist to set up the Memorial to Victory and consequently it was State property, whose copyright was blatantly breached,” said Davitaia.

Source: “InterPressNews”, News Agency “Pirveli”


Print Send to Friend Send to Facebook Tweet This
Leave your comment
Your name:
Your comment:

Security code: Code
OTHER NEWS
POLL
Do you positively evaluate the system of obligatory accumulative pension?
Yes No I cannot answer

BLOG

City full of death
Put on your best cloths. Look at your kids carefully and embrace them. Call your mom. Call your friends. Look through your house
Detailed...
Vanished people – “Never forget me”
Disbelief based on partiality Reality is different
Archive




EDITORIAL

Forgotten by government veterans
Every year, fewer and fewer veterans of the World War II meet the Victory Day. The society receives information about them only on
Detailed...
Villages of the Hopeless
What happened to Dream of Justice Revival?
Archive
THEMES

CATEGORIES

Copyright © 2004 - 2019 HRIDC